ESPN SEC Network Headquarters
5,200 sq. ft. of existing space renovation. DesignTech coordinated with separately contracted studio lighting designer, broadcast cabling designer, site/civil engineer, and acoustical engineer as well as the Client and Owner.
Mechanical design consisted of:
- Providing new supplemental RTUs for each of the two expanded studios.
- Reworking ductwork to suit new layout.
- Incorporating new equipment into BAS.
- Modifying conference room and adjacent area to suit new loading dock installation.
- Replacing two rooftop units serving existing studio.
Electrical design consisted of:
- Modifying power distribution system to accommodate the new studio lighting and HVAC loads.
- Coordination with Architect, Owner and broadcast integrator to specify cable tray system for broadcast cabling.
- Coordination with Architect, Owner and set lighting vendor/designer to specify installation of studio dimming system and branch circuit wiring from dimmers to connector strips at lighting grid.
- Design installation of new work lights for studio.