Potomac Glen Day School (Potomac United Methodist Church)
The project is a new 28,000 sq. ft. multi-use facility building. The primary use of the facility is for classrooms. The building also houses the parish offices, meeting rooms, a gymnasium/fellowship hall, and a fully equipped commercial grade kitchen. The mechanical systems were designed to accommodate architecturally sensitive exterior and interior design. The MEP scope included the following:
- High efficiency gas-fired boilers.
- Variable air volume (VAV) system with hydronic reheat.
- Combination central chiller and independent DX systems to accommodate a diverse operation schedule.
- User-friendly DDC building automation system.
- Classrooms and gymnasium/fellowship hall fully prepared for computer networking and audio/visual systems.
- Complete fire suppression and plumbing system design.