Verizon - Riggs Rd. Chiller Plant Upgrade
Project included mechanical and electrical design services to produce construction documents. The scope of work to be designed included:
- Replacement of existing basement level air-cooled split chillers and condensing units.
- Replacement of existing chilled water pumps.
- Replacement of basement level chilled water air handling unit and upgrade of associated sheetmetal to serve the power and air dryer room.
- Upgrade to basement 5ESS AHU’s ductwork to accommodate lead-lag operation of air handling units.
- Modification of automatic temperature controls for chiller and AHU operation.
In addition to construction documents, DesignTech provided the following project tasks:
- Coordinate with client for chiller plant operation and layout.
- Provide initial project cost estimate for full scope of work.
- On-site meetings with client to coordinate scope and operation of new chillers.
Construction administration services included:
- Attending pre-bid meeting with construction bidders for each phase.
- Responding to bidders RFIs during bidding phase.
- Preparing final construction cost documents to the owner for phase one and phase two construction.
- Attending on site kick-off and progress meetings during construction.
- Attending teleconference meetings throughout construction.
- Reviewing shop drawings and submittals.
- Responding to contractor RFIs.
- Reviewing contractor request for payments.
- Providing punch list inspections and demonstration of new equipment operation.